[opensource-dev] Display names, again.

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 01:37:38 PDT 2010

>> my "true avatar name" is Lance Corrimal so will there be anything
>> PREVENTING others from using that as theit DISPLAY NAME ???

> LanceCorrimal won't be accepted,
> Lance.Corrimal won't be accepted,
> Opensource.Obscure won't be accepted, etc

Yeah, but he said display name, not username. The "username" (what you
register for) needs to be unique. But everything I'm seeing about the
display name says it's gotta be 31 characters, and that's the only
strict limitation it seems to have.

For me, I'll turn on "show username" in preferences. That'll solve all
my problems. And when someone comes to me after having been swindled,
I'll tell them to do the same. After a time or two, they may decide
it's worth turning on.

Stickman