[opensource-dev] Draw Distance

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Sun Aug 22 08:14:05 PDT 2010

Am Sunday 22 August 2010 schrieb Marine Kelley:
> Please be careful not to screw up debug settings that must NOT be
> changed. Some are capital for the viewer to function normally [...]

could someone please elaborate on why those settings even exist and
are changeable?

i mean, basically, a debug setting is nothing other than an entry in
the global settings.xml file.

According to my understanding of what marine points out, seetting
certain of these to other than the default values will render the
client unusable... then why on earth are these changeable settings at
all, instead of #define lines directly in the source???

or, at least, autogenerated variables in the source, instead of
something that users can f'ck with?

bye,
LC