[opensource-dev] [SNOWSTORM] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 08/24/2010

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Tue Aug 24 17:49:26 PDT 2010

Ahem... not sure what happen to my scrum notes so appending them there for
the record:

=== Merov ===
PAST
* LLKDU in viewer-development: Create new kdu-binaries for Windows: done or,
rather, synced with alain who was working on it independently. Checked that
it works on local build.
* LLKDU in viewer-development: Read install.py in details to understand why
those are not installed as requested...:  The problem comes from
kdu-binaries not being asked by anyone... It's unclear though if we can
really continue to provide that lib to download willy nilly. Need a license
check here.
* LLKDU in viewer-development: Create a separate private repo for building
llkdu cleaning from code (need to double check that with brad): Done by
alain so not an issue anymore though now we have to integrate that *fast*.

FUTURE
* LLKDU in viewer-development: Modified llkdu.cmake and install.xml to use
the prebuilt binaries for each platform only. Suppress the dependency on an
exisiting llkdu subfolder in the build environment.

IMPEDIMENTS
* None

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Esbee Linden (Sarah Hutchinson) <
esbee at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> [...]
>     *
>    - *
>      Continue to follow up on SLCC and Snowstorm blog feedback
>     *
>    - *
>      Document idea submission process
>    *
>

> *IMPEDIMENTS*
>
>    - *
>      None
>    *
>
> *
>
> *
> *
>
> *
> *
>     === Paul ===
>    PAST
>   *
> *
>
>    -  BUG EXT-8362 ([TRUNCATION] IT login screen - truncation in location
>    box)
>    -  Pushed
>       -  BUG EXT-8672 ([HARD CODED] ALL LANGS The word "Saved" is hard
>    coded,  in  the long timestamp displayed in IM when user is offline)
>    -  Pushed
>       -  BUG EXT-7878 (Corrupted vertical scroll bar appears on 'Edit
>    Outfit' panel if height of 'Add More' panel was changed)
>    -  Pushed
>       -  BUG EXT-7951 (Mini-Location panel appearance design issues)
>    -  Restored in viewer-development repository.
>       -  BUG EXT-8558 (Add More category picker defaults whenever a
>    clothing item is removed)
>    -  Fixed and sent for a review
>

> FUTURE:
>
>    -  EXT-8722 (Appearance > 'Wearing' tab: Add Take off / Detach function
>     to the gear menu)
>

> IMPEDIMENTS:
>
>    -  none
>

>      === Andrew ===
>    PAST
>
>    -
>           Task VWR-20702 (Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User who's customized
>    the bottom bar of the Viewer UI, I also want to be able to control the order
>    of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)
>

>    -
>    WIP. Estimate ~3 days.
>
> ***
> *
> *
> *FUTURE:*
>
>    *
>    -          Task VWR-20702
>      *
>       *
>       -           analyze d&d in favorites, add similar to bottom tray
>         -          change order of buttons shrinking and disappearing
>       depending on button locations
>         -          save order in settings and use it when creating bottom
>       tray
>         -          investigate inconsistency in distance between buttons
>         *
>
> *
> *
> *IMPEDIMENTS:*
>
>    *
>    -          Order of buttons shrinking and disappearing

**
*

*
*

*
*
         === Vadim ===
   PAST
     *
**
*

   -
    Critical bug EXT-8727 (Crash in
   LLAppearanceMgr::updateClothingOrderingInfo):

   -
   Posted a defensive fix for review (could not repro though).

          Task VWR-20694 (Enable sidebar to track detaching/attaching tabs):

   -          Filed, working on it

         Code review, merge.

FUTURE:

   -          Commit EXT-8727 if it gets approved.
     -          Work on VWR-20694.

IMPEDIMENTS:

   -          none

***
**
*

*
*

*
*
                  === Sergey ===
   PAST
     *
**
*

   -
    Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs  from the Viewer
   sidebar so that I can control what tabs are displayed  and organize them on
   my screen in any way I want like I could do in  1.23.

   -
   WIP.

          Fixed some crashes caused by docking/re-docking tabs.
            Investigating undocked tab visibility changes when switching
tabs in Side Tray.

FUTURE:

   -          Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs from the
   Viewer sidebar ...
     -           Estimated: 3 days for sub-tasks 4 and 5.

IMPEDIMENTS:

   -          need design soon

***
**
*

*
*

*
*
                            === Anya ===
   PAST

                                      sidebar docking/undocking design
issues (VWR-20694)
      ***
**
*
                                      bottom bar button reordering design
issues (VWR-20702)
      ***
*
                                      jira VWR workflow wrangling
      ***
*
                                      tracking missing fixes
      ***
*
                                      progress tracking
      ***

FUTURE:

   - *
                                         completed/in progress tasks need
   estimates / burndown data
         *

**
*
                                      establish procedure for taking EXTs
from old PE backlog to particular sprint
      ***
*
                                      follow up future commit process
      ***