[opensource-dev] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 08/24/2010

Esbee Linden (Sarah Hutchinson) esbee at lindenlab.com
Tue Aug 24 16:49:48 PDT 2010

Date: 08/23/2010

Wiki version of the Daily Scrum summary can be found here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowstorm_Daily_Scrum_Archive

== GENERAL NOTES ==
New weekly office hour starting this week for Snowstorm Team Backlog and idea discussion. Join Esbee and the crew Wednesdays from 8-9am PT here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hippotropolis/201/115/21

== DAILY SCRUM ==

=== Aimee ===
PAST
Set myself up another BitBucket repo for general bug fixes.
Checked the list of missing files named in the HG convert export map Nat found to be missing from the repo, and why.
(5 are new files in viewer-public, 1 renamed with both names in the map, 2 relating to the old art/libs bundles no longer required, and the NL XUI translation filenames got mangled somehow).
Pulled the two fixes from my bug-fix branch into viewer-development
Fixed EXT-8300 / EXT-8398 (Avatar icons displaced from SLURL profile links), just awaiting review before committing.

FUTURE
Continue with Snowglobe fixes
When exactly are we declaring final cut-off on viewer-public and viewer-release today? Who is doing final convert and merge?
Chase up review of EXT-8300 / EXT-8398 from Richard (or find someone else to do it!)
These two EXTs if they get added to the sprint? (Have fixes ready).
EXT-8248 (Can't teleport multiple friends)
EXT-1579 (No (easy) way to see who has permission to 'See my online status', 'See me on the map', or 'Edit, delete or take my objects')
Remember to collect my mother from the hospital before someone else claims her.

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Tofu ===
PAST
OOO. Some catch-up, some tree juggling.
Mined viewer-public for stuff that's there which isn't in snowstorm - there's
quite a lot. Preparing to convert that legacy repo and relocate its
changes.

FUTURE
Deal with viewer-public's changes.
Look for things needing code reviews.

IMPEDIMENTS:
None.

=== Oz ===
PAST
LL repo conversion handholding

FUTURE
?

IMPEDIMENTS
Non-Snowstorm tasks (no help for it)
Lost track of the issue for aligning textures?

=== Merov ===
PAST
LLKDU in viewer-development: Create new kdu-binaries for Windows: done or, rather, synced with alain who was working on it independently. Checked that it works on local build.
LLKDU in viewer-development: Read install.py in details to understand why those are not installed as requested...: The problem comes from kdu-binaries not being asked by anyone... It's unclear though if we can really continue to provide that lib to download willy nilly. Need a license check here.
LLKDU in viewer-development: Create a separate private repo for building llkdu cleaning from code (need to double check that with brad): Done by alain so not an issue anymore though now we have to integrate that *fast*.

FUTURE
LLKDU in viewer-development: Modify build.sh so that downloading just llkdu.dll and nothing else works in TeamCity (build fails right now)

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Q ===
OOO

=== Esbee ===
PAST
Finished sketch undockable/dockable sidebar design
Continue Jira triage
Lots of meetings

FUTURE
Discuss sidebar undocking with Rhett
Set up weekly office hours to discuss product backlog and ideas!
Start adding Resident feedback/ideas/user stories to the Snowstorm Backlog on a new tab
Continue to follow up on SLCC and Snowstorm blog feedback
Document idea submission process

IMPEDIMENTS
None

=== Paul ===
PAST
BUG EXT-8362 ([TRUNCATION] IT login screen - truncation in location box)
Pushed
BUG EXT-8672 ([HARD CODED] ALL LANGS The word "Saved" is hard coded,  in  the long timestamp displayed in IM when user is offline)
Pushed
BUG EXT-7878 (Corrupted vertical scroll bar appears on 'Edit Outfit' panel if height of 'Add More' panel was changed)
Pushed
BUG EXT-7951 (Mini-Location panel appearance design issues)
Restored in viewer-development repository.
BUG EXT-8558 (Add More category picker defaults whenever a clothing item is removed)
Fixed and sent for a review

FUTURE:
EXT-8722 (Appearance > 'Wearing' tab: Add Take off / Detach function  to the gear menu)

IMPEDIMENTS:
none

=== Andrew ===
PAST
Task VWR-20702 (Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User who's customized the bottom bar of the Viewer UI, I also want to be able to control the order of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)
WIP. Estimate ~3 days.

FUTURE:
Task VWR-20702
analyze d&d in favorites, add similar to bottom tray
change order of buttons shrinking and disappearing depending on button locations
save order in settings and use it when creating bottom tray
investigate inconsistency in distance between buttons

IMPEDIMENTS:
Order of buttons shrinking and disappearing

=== Vadim ===
PAST
Critical bug EXT-8727 (Crash in LLAppearanceMgr::updateClothingOrderingInfo):
Posted a defensive fix for review (could not repro though).
Task VWR-20694 (Enable sidebar to track detaching/attaching tabs):
Filed, working on it
Code review, merge.

FUTURE:
Commit EXT-8727 if it gets approved.
Work on VWR-20694.

IMPEDIMENTS:
none

=== Sergey ===
PAST
Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs  from the Viewer sidebar so that I can control what tabs are displayed  and organize them on my screen in any way I want like I could do in  1.23.
WIP.
Fixed some crashes caused by docking/re-docking tabs.
Investigating undocked tab visibility changes when switching tabs in Side Tray.

FUTURE:
Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs from the Viewer sidebar ...
Estimated: 3 days for sub-tasks 4 and 5.

IMPEDIMENTS:
need design soon

=== Anya ===
PAST
sidebar docking/undocking design issues (VWR-20694)
bottom bar button reordering design issues (VWR-20702)
jira VWR workflow wrangling
tracking missing fixes
progress tracking

FUTURE:
completed/in progress tasks need estimates / burndown data
establish procedure for taking EXTs from old PE backlog to particular sprint
follow up future commit process

IMPEDIMENTS:
out thu-fri next week