[opensource-dev] Encrypted chat & third-party servers

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Wed Aug 25 17:53:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:59:49PM -0700, Brian McGroarty wrote:
> Has anyone spent time looking at the encrypted chat feature included in some
> third-party viewers? It's my understanding that this contacts third-party
> servers in obtaining and validating keys. Is that correct?

If that is correct, then I'm pretty sure that the owners of
those servers have access to a key that would allow them
to read the encrypted messages. Imho, that is not acceptable :p

Perhaps in time I'll be interested to implement a better
method.

Carlo Wood (author of libecc http://libecc.sourceforge.net/reference-manual/index.html)