[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Tuesday, December 7

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Wed Dec 8 00:07:26 PST 2010

 Tuesday, December 7, 2010 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Merge Monkey of the Day: Merov
   - Sprint 9 planning today

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkeying mostly
   - Helped DNOC with a map bug
   - Sprint closing

*FUTURE*

   - Merge Monkeying
   - STORM-151: kdu compression: Clean up. Test other settings (use of
   precincts, check premultiplication for alpha). Compare perf to baseline.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

   - OOO - Vacation.

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Color UI
   - Internal administrivia
   - Discussion of DN-202
   - Beta

*FUTURE*

   - Meetings
   - Triage

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - a cold

Esbee Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Reviewed integration queue list and made sure "target viewer version"
   is updated for merge monkey
   - Added multiple user design detail around STORM-34 (list of favorites
   available on login screen)
   - Looked into folder sorting as reported in STORM-219 (Residents wish to
   also sort folders by date in addition to name)
   - STORM cleanup in Jira
   - VWR Triage

*FUTURE*

   - Meetings
   - Snowstorm and Viewer presentation prep
   - Uploaded sketches of saved layouts
   - Provide input on kb shortcuts
   - Review integration queue list and made sure "target viewer version" is
   updated for merge monkey
   - Discuss folder sorting as reported in STORM-219 (Residents wish to also
   sort folders by date in addition to name) with Q

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - TASK STORM- 622 (Texture picker screws up when multiple textures are
   opened)
      - Traditionally WIP. Implementing solution. Tomorrow will finish and
      hope it'll work. ** Estimate ~ 4h if solution will work.

*FUTURE*

   - TASK STORM- 622

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - TASK (STORM-729) Cache favorites landmarks slurls for further saving
   without waiting for responses from server
      - Fixed.
   - TASK (STORM-584) Fix color and opacity setting for Bubble Chat
      - WIP. Have to enable setting color swatch opacity via slider in
      preferences.

*FUTURE*

   - TASK (STORM-584) Fix color and opacity setting for Bubble Chat
   - TASK (STORM-693) Preview thumbnails in the Edit Wearable and Edit Body
   Parts panels do not honor opacity settings
      - Estimated: 1 day

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Andrew Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Normal task STORM-34 (As a User, I want a list of my favorite

locations available on the login screen so i can log in to SL right where I
want to be).

   -
      - Finished single-user implementation and sent for review. Special

thanks to Sergey for help with this one :)

   - Normal bug STORM-726 (I do not get logged into where my preferences

specify I should go).

   -
      - Reviewed and approved.

*FUTURE*

   - Major bug STORM-728 (Viewer crashes while trying to send Snapshot to

Email in mouselook mode).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Reported bug STORM-731 (Crash in
   LLRemoteParcelInfoProcessor::addObserver).
   - Task STORM-690 (Second layer is visible when undocked panel is inactive
   and

semitransparent):

   -
      - Fixed.
   - Task STORM-730 (Voice control panel doesn't honor active floater
   opacity setting):
      - Fixed.

*FUTURE*

   - Task STORM-695 (Texture preview doesn't follow opacity settings).
   - Task STORM-686 (Transparency settings aren't applied to the map preview
   inside Map floater).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - We can't work on severe bug STORM-524 (When I purchase Linden Dollars,
   I have to close the viewer and restart it in order for the Lindens to appear
   in my account) because we reside outside US. A Linden should take a look.
   - We can't work on major bug STORM-706 (OSX-specific: SLVoice quit
   unexpectedly) because we have no Mac devs.

Andrey Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - picked up v-d build r216151
   - integrated tickets verification
   - test plan design for Floaters Opacity
   - Preferences test plan revising

*FUTURE*

   - regression testing in scope of changes
   - finish with Preferences test plan review

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Wrote code to convert settings.xml to a format that can be put into an
   updated

Debug Settings wiki page. Found 1 pair of unnecessary tags, 1 missing value,
about 3 duplicated entries and 1 triplicated entry. Wrote vwr-24100

   - Sent project list to Esbee, so she can see at a glance the status of
   what I need feedback on.
   - STORM-523 (Notification toasts overlay each other)
      - Awaiting results from testers.
   - STORM-737 (Add "+" control to Inventory Recent panel) -- finished

*FUTURE*
[long range]

   - Update lsl wiki - Change Unsupported icon next to llTextBox to New
   Feature.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM - 523 -- cannot read EXT-4149 to see why messages are no longer
   sent to chat.

 Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - worked @ in-world job and RL Job
   - emailed Esbee waiting on reply.

*FUTURE*

   - work @ real job.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Not enough time between working in-world and at real job to actualy
   work on code.
   - Right Hand
   - Trying to find something to actualy work on.