[opensource-dev] Review Request: STORM-807 update returnability of objects based on new encroachment rules

Andrew Meadows andrew at lindenlab.com
Tue Dec 21 17:49:52 PST 2010

I've added a feature to the SL simulator that allows encroaching (*) objects
to be returned.  The ETA for this is sometime in early 2011 (probably January)
and I'll be adding some wiki documentation about the returnability of encroaching
objects soon.  In the meantime I've added viewer-side UI support for returning
encroaching objects.  It should not hurt the viewer to add these changes before
the server stuff is deployed.

Here is the merge-request jira:

   https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-807

The changes can be pulled from here:

   http://bitbucket.org/andrew_linden/viewer-development

The diff is attached.

- Andrew

(*) Encroaching objects are "positioned" on one person's land parcel
but nevertheless extend part of themselves into a neighbor's parcel.