[opensource-dev] Somewhat Regular Scrum(ish) Summary - Thursday, December 30

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Thu Dec 30 10:50:39 PST 2010

 Thursday, December 30, 2010 General Notes
------------------------------

   - With most on vacation in US, only posting PE updates - summaries _for
   this week to date_.
   - Happy Impending New Year! Let the resolutions begin!

Team Status
------------------------------
 Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-721 (Information about resident is displayed incorrectly in
   mini-inspector if there are any resident or group SLURLs)
      - handed over to Andrew who is more familiar with LLTextBase
   - BUG STORM-714 (Webprim's control bar doesn't dissapear after switching
   to mouselook mode)
   - BUG STORM-512 ("Allow media to auto - play" check-box is enable after
   Media check-box was unchecked)
   - BUG STORM-387 (Part of the table is hidden after increasing firsts
   column width in the floater and then dock it to the SP)
   - WIP. Investigating. Rude estimate ~ 8 hours
   - BUG STORM-513 ("Allow media to auto - play" check-box is enable after
   Media check-box was unchecked)
   - BUG STORM-493 ('Map' button slightly overlaps scroll bar into My Group
   info->Land/Assets accordion)

*FUTURE*

   - BUG STORM-370 (Human-readable name of region disappears from Location
   Bar after pressing ESC)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Code reviews.
   - TASK (STORM-797) Parcel SLURL rendering
      - Moved parcel name retrieving to llmessage. Worked on receiving
      remote parcel names in SLURL objects. Resolved viewer linking
problems which
      appeared after moving parcel name retrieving to llmessage.
      - Found and fixed crashes when receiving remote parcel names in SLURL
      objects.
      - Refactored the parcel name resolving within a SLURL object. Cleaned
      up and tested the fix. Worked on issues spotted by Vadim's review.
      Refactored task implementation in order to leave parcel
processor class in
      newview and reduce overhead with observers usage.
      - Working on fixing unit tests.

   - BUG (STORM-550) LLDir::getNextFileInDir fails for some complex wildcard
   combinations
      - Got feedback from Oz. Working on refactoring the directory iterator
      class.

*FUTURE*

   - TASK (STORM-797) Parcel SLURL rendering.
      - Fix unit tests for parcel SLURL
   - TASK (STORM-28) As a User, I want the ability to send my calling card
   to others

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

Andrew Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Normal task STORM-2 (As a User, I want to set my own default views with
   specific UI layout so I can tailor my Viewer experience to the activities
   I'm most interested in).
      - Found an issue in opened loaded sidetray floaters. Struggling with
      it. Implementing UI proposed by Esbee.
   - Major bug STORM-823 (Tab Key not working properly).
      - Found where in code the bug happens. Searching for root cause and
      solution.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-823 (Tab Key not working properly).
      - Estimate - 3 hours.
   - Normal task STORM-2 (Customizable viewer layouts).
      - Estimate for current version of feature - 2 days.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-2. Waiting for Q's reply to letter about organization of layout
   saving.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Bug STORM-682 (Toasts appear in wrong position if switch to mouse look
   when side tray is expanded)
   - Bug STORM-242 (Server version dialog message has incorrect release
   notes link):
   - Bug STORM-349 (Broken Window: rename shader_heirarchy.txt to
   shader_hierarchy.txt):
      - Investigated, not sure how to fix safely.
   - Bug STORM-394 ('UI size' slider from advanced Preference is shifted to
   right):
      -
Resolved as not reproducible.
   - Reported bug STORM-822 (Crash in LLKeyframeDataCache::clear).
   - Bug STORM-437 (Docked nearby chat overlaps sidebar panel after
   unmaximizing viewer window).
      - WIP. Haven't finished yet (ETA 4h).
   - Code review.

*FUTURE*

   - Short vacatition (will return on 01/04)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need a decision in STORM-702 (Make it possible to wear partial
   outfits).
   - What to do with VWR tickets assigned to ProductEngine Team?

https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13071