[opensource-dev] Second Life Package Repo

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:47:38 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jonathan Irvin <djfoxyslpr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Moving this to it's own thread...
>
> Hey Linden Labs, when are we going to put Second Life in linux package
> format so we can just link to your repo and have us be able to install and
> upgrade from our respective package managers, i.e Yum & Apt-Get?  This would
> really speed up the way we handle SnowGlobe.

Well i'm not from LL, but i have been maintaining Debian and Ubuntu
repositories for the more than 2 years. Originaly as a fork viewer
known as omvviewer, i'm focusing on snowglobe a lot more now (on the
repositories) and have the 1.3 version of snowglobe (well 1.3 SVN +
patches i hope to commit to SVN) up and running for testing. So you
can apt-get install snowglobe directly from my repository. I'm also a
committer to snowglobe and helping with various build and cmake issues
are one of the things i have done to help ensure keeping this on a
resposotory is as smooth a process as possible.

The basic details can be found at http://omvviewer.byteme.org.uk
linking to debian and ubuntu (and others) instructions and the
package. Although that page is a little out of date as it still talks
mostly about omvviewer.

Regards

Robin