[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Maggie Leber (sl: Maggie Darwin) maggie at matrisync.com
Fri Feb 19 12:57:40 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Domino Marama
<domino at dominodesigns.info> wrote:

> I'd hope things like attachment sizing scripts would move to client side
> scripts.

I guess that would be nice, but the data that would have to flow to
the attached hair prims would be substantial....and the prims would
still have to be scripted. I wouldn't expect to see much savings from
that.

> There's also things like advanced vehicle scripts, I wrote an engine
> script that did an approximate handling of torque and grip. It was
> fairly math intensive and I never implemented it fully as I judged the
> sim load to be too great. If I can move that client side and just send
> it's output to the server side physics script driving the vehicle, then
> not only does it become a feasible approach, it'd possibly be lighter on
> the sim than some current vehicle scripts.

Might just want to use a SpaceNavigator for that.