[opensource-dev] Client-side scripting in Snowglobe

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Feb 19 17:52:13 PST 2010

Morgaine wrote:
> No Edward, client-side scripting is not related to in-world scripting
> at all.  It's scripting OF THE CLIENT, and it has the sole purpose of
> extending the functionality of the client, on a personal basis.
>
> While it's nice to hypothesize about in-world scripts being
> off-loadable to the client, that is merely a conceptual idea without
> any concrete suggestion for how it could be implemented.  It's not
> what we've been talking about here.

Its not NOT what we're talking about, either.

;-)

Plugins/scripting could include client-side services to replace/augment
services currently provided by the sim, either for display locally, or
via caps shared between clients or through external servers or whatever
to allow for shared experiences without overwhelming the sim with new
stuff.

Lawson