[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Feb 23 15:37:24 PST 2010

Latif Khalifa wrote:
> It also means that now I need to hire a lawyer in order to continue to
> make and distribute my text viewer (Radegast), with special features
> aimed at people with disabilities. The terms mandate that I need to
> have an official privacy policy published, and I also need to to show
> SL ToS to users (and I have no idea where would I get it, and how to
> tell if it's updated). "Shared experience" clause doesn't even deserve
> spending time on it.

If a media plugin provides collaboration between participating viewers
and doesn't update the sim, or only updates the sim with a view-only
version of what people are working on, does this violate the "shared
experience" clause?

What about musicians sharing sound data between themselves via client
plugins and doing mixing before uploading the sound to the sim?

And what about the VWRAP proposal to let clients establish connections
for external services via capabilities? Such a capability could easily
violate the new policy. Lots of vague stuff in this policy.

L.