[opensource-dev] Snowglobe 2 update

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Wed Feb 24 00:51:50 PST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2010 09:26:12 schrieb Thomas Shikami:
> Philippe (Merov) Bossut schrieb:
> >   - SOCKS5: here, Robin volunteered
>
> SOCKS5 is against the TPV Policy term
> 2c. You must not circumvent any security-related features or measures we
> may take to limit access to Second Life. For example:
> 2c.i.You must not mask IP or MAC addresses.
>
> SOCKS5 is usually used by griefers to mask the IP address.

I'd say "bull" here. While it is true that the IP address of traffic coming
thru a socks (or any other) proxy is the ip of the proxy, the mac address IN
THE IP HEADER is the one of the router anyways... if any.

What LL means is "You must not circumvent the viewer finding out its local mac
address and sending that in the authorization data".

bye,
LC