[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Wed Feb 24 07:24:30 PST 2010

Legally speaking, it's difficult to see how they could make you bound
by it - only way I can see is with the TOS

So..... someone closes their SL account and makes a noncompliant
viewer - what happens?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Gigs <gigstaggart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lawson English wrote:
>> For a real life use case, the realxtend developers are currently
>> debating whether or not it is worth their while to continue to add more
>> support to SL rather than just go with OpenSim-only.
>
> Unless Linden Lab is willing to provide an already-banned channel ID for
> third party developers to use to prevent their software from connecting
> to Second Life, it's going to be very hard to not be subject to this
> "agreement".
>
> Even then they user could change the channel and potentially make the
> developer liable under this agreement.

“Lanie, I’m going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for
everyone. That’s worth going to jail for. That’s worth anything.” -
Printcrime by Cory Doctrow