[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Thu Feb 25 05:12:05 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:48:38PM -0700, Lawson English wrote:
> Actually that is NOT common sense. When the author of some
> intellectual bit of property agrees to distribution, its generally
> for existing channels of distribution only. The SL TOS only applies
> to intellectual property distributed by Linden Lab in the manner
> that the content creator agreed to. Someone ELSE coming along and
> saying "oh, full perms means I own the IP rights to this and can
> take it anywhere I please and do anything I want in any way I want
> without consideration for the original creator" goes against even
> the CC license, and the LL full perms isn't the CC license or any
> kind of abbreviation of it.

So ok, the entry in the TPV Policy has to be changed then.

Note that is also makes the 'Save to RAW terrain file' illegal
in most cases (it's almost never the owner of the sim that created
the terrain all by himself alone). Are we going to remove this
function from the viewer?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>