[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Thu Feb 25 06:40:30 PST 2010

Let's try an experiment........

Proxying the login request and dropping the request results in:
error executing RPC 'login_to_simulator'
Died at /local/www/login.agni.lindenlab.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi line 1802

Looks like the login script can't handle not having a mac address

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:29:25 +0000, Gareth Nelson wrote:
>
>> I can confirm that my installation of libomv's TestClient still
>> connects fine - version 0.6.3
>
> In fact, I just tried and yes, it's working again... In the mean
> time i also got a reply from the support, here it is, just for
> you to see how much LL cares about such matters:
>
> "Hello Henri,
>
> Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue.
>
> I am sorry but we can only offer support on issues with the official
> SL viewer.
>
> We do not support any thrd party viewer as we are not responsible
> for their software.
>
> If you experience the issue with the official viewer then we will
> assist to the best of our ability.
>
> Please feel free to contact us again in the future if you have any
> further problems/queries.
>
> Kind Regards,"
>
> So, they apparently allowed again the connections but are denying any
> support, even though I pointed out in my ticket how this could affect
> their own viewer... Weird !

“Lanie, I’m going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for
everyone. That’s worth going to jail for. That’s worth anything.” -
Printcrime by Cory Doctrow