[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Thu Feb 25 06:35:06 PST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:29:25 +0000, Gareth Nelson wrote:

> I can confirm that my installation of libomv's TestClient still
> connects fine - version 0.6.3

In fact, I just tried and yes, it's working again... In the mean
time i also got a reply from the support, here it is, just for
you to see how much LL cares about such matters:

"Hello Henri,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue.

I am sorry but we can only offer support on issues with the official
SL viewer.

We do not support any thrd party viewer as we are not responsible
for their software.

If you experience the issue with the official viewer then we will
assist to the best of our ability.

Please feel free to contact us again in the future if you have any
further problems/queries.

Kind Regards,"

So, they apparently allowed again the connections but are denying any
support, even though I pointed out in my ticket how this could affect
their own viewer... Weird !