[opensource-dev] FAQ posted for Third Party Viewer Policy

Tateru Nino tateru.nino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:02:23 PST 2010

Ah, I'm starting to see now. Developers are only subject to the TPV
policy if they want to be listed in the directory. Users are subject to
the policy should they choose to use a TPV to connect to a
Linden-operated grid, rather than an alternative (like OpenSim)

Makes sense, but that would really mean that the TPV policies should be
a part of the Terms of Service, wouldn't it> Doesn't make much sense to
have them separated.

On 1/03/2010 12:36 PM, Joe Linden wrote:
> TPV developers may choose to list their viewers in the Directory for
> the value of receiving a wider awareness than they may be able to
> create themselves, or not.  That's entirely up to the developer.  All
> viewers that connect to the SL grids will need to abide by the TPV
> Policy regardless of their choice to list in the Directory.
>
> And, since we're only talking about conditions that apply when a TPV
> connects to Linden Lab's grid(s), we reserve the right to add,
> subtract, or otherwise modify those conditions at any point in the future.
>
> -- joe
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Morgaine
> <morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
> <mailto:morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

>     ... Since it's just promotion, TPV developers are free to ignore
>     it when they excel on features and don't need promotion, and of
>     course you will never make promotion mandatory.
>
>     Morgaine.

Tateru Nino
http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/