[opensource-dev] FAQ posted for Third Party Viewer Policy

Maggie Leber (sl: Maggie Darwin) maggie at matrisync.com
Sun Feb 28 19:15:28 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Bryon Ruxton <bryon at slearth.com> wrote:

> An LSL function somewhere to identify viewers would help.
> Leave then to us the ability to make inworld tools to control who gets in or
> not.

Your attention is directed to SVC-4636.  I'm sure your support would
be welcomed by some.

Others know such a move would only increase the incentive for spoofing
any identifier that might be used, regardless of what the ToS might
say. Someone who's engaged in content copying is unlikely to be
deterred by committing one more ToS violation.

There is already at least one viewer developer who is also selling a
product claiming to identify (by some secret proprietary means)
avatars running "bad" viewers and ban them.