[opensource-dev] Libraries bundle (was: SL on ARM platform)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Fri Jul 9 01:58:02 PDT 2010

Hi Deepak

On 07/09/2010 07:58 AM, DEEPAK JAIN wrote:

> One more question, from where I will get all the pre-compiled third
> party libraries to run SL on LINUX.

If you build non-standalone
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_%28Linux%29#What_does_.27Standalone.27_mean.3F>,
they'll be downloaded during the process as-needed.

> From http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_downloads,  I downloaded
> snowglobe release v 2.0.0, source, artwork and libraries.

Other than the source download page might make one believe, that isn't a
proper release but just a source drop:

    * It corresponds to the Viewer 2.0 (official SL viewer) release, but
      was re-branded to "Snowglobe"
          o It contains no Snowglobe-specific features. Most Snowglobe
            1.x features have been ported or reimplemented for 2.x by
            now and will be shipped with the coming Snowglobe 2.0.1 release.
    * Because the source export process got broken during
      behind-closed-doors Viewer 2 development, and wasn't completely
      (though almost) fixed back when the sources were released, some
      required files are missing.
    * The source bundle has quite same bugs that are fixed in SVN.

So, for the moment, I'd recommend to use the sources from SVN if you
want to build Snowglobe 2. See Version control repository
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Version_control_repository> for
getting the sources from SVN. The SVN sources might require different
versions of the Artwork and "Libraries" bundles than the packaged
sources. See the Artwork and Library Bundles
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Version_control_repository#Artwork_and_Library_Bundles>
section.

> But from the libraries package, I can not see all the libraries that
> were listed in page http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Libraries.
>

> I found only "libllkdu.so" and "libkdu_v42R.so".
>

> Am i missing something?

No. The build process has changed a good bit since the supplement file
bundles have been named. Most files that used to be in the libraries
package will now be downloaded automatically.

I hope this helps. Please ask here or on IRC
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/IRC> if you need further guidance or
assistance.
cheers

Boroondas