[opensource-dev] Questions about SOCKS5 support in SnowGlobe

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 04:02:33 PDT 2010

I hope that this is the right place to ask - I'm very interested in trying
the SOCKS5 support in SnowGlobe to connect to both SL and also my own
OpenSim instances from inside corporate firewalls, and to allow prospective
clients to do the same. I have two questions:

Does SLVoice traffic get 'socksified'?
If the organisation doesn't have a Socks server, can I run a Socks server
such as antinat outside the firewall (eg - on the OpenSim server box itself)
and tell SnowGlobe to route traffic through an acceptable firewall opening
port such as 80 or 443?

Any help gratefully received!
Thanks
Neil