[opensource-dev] Questions about SOCKS5 support in SnowGlobe

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:20:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Neil Canham <neil at knowsense.co.uk> wrote:
> I hope that this is the right place to ask - I'm very interested in trying
> the SOCKS5 support in SnowGlobe to connect to both SL and also my own
> OpenSim instances from inside corporate firewalls, and to allow prospective
> clients to do the same. I have two questions:
> Does SLVoice traffic get 'socksified'?
> If the organisation doesn't have a Socks server, can I run a Socks server
> such as antinat outside the firewall (eg - on the OpenSim server box itself)
> and tell SnowGlobe to route traffic through an acceptable firewall opening
> port such as 80 or 443?

Not currently no, the SLVoice is a seperate process and is not subject
to the socks wrappers within the viewer. Although i see no reason why
you could not" socksified" that executable with a socks wrapper
program for the time being. I think this deservesis worth a jira
feature request, as SG 1.4 supports socks and SG2.0 will once i pull
my finger out, SLVoice also supporting it is a valid requirment

Give me the SLVoice code and i will do it.

Robin