[opensource-dev] Problem compiling llcommon on viewer 2.1 beta

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:30:53 PDT 2010

Hi Merov, thank you for looking into this !

I'm on Windows 7, trying to compile viewer-external as I always do :

- I unzip the artwork from version 2.0.0 (knowing that I will have to
complete it with some of the icons from the official 2.1, like the icons for
the system folders)
- I unzip a very old library zip file of mine (it is more than 2 years old
and contains ares, fmod and all, but is still operational at least until
2.0.1)
- I run VC 2005, select the "Release" configuration, go to Configuration
Manager, uncheck all the "tests" and "integration" projects (plus "package")
- I open the Properties window on secondlife-bin and remove the /Zm1000
option from the command line
- I build the whole thing

But even just building llcommon will give me the error I mentioned, no need
to build the whole solution. This is the first time I get this error, and
since I noticed that google_breakpad was not part of the viewer before, and
surprisingly it uses an exception_handler.lib that does not provide the
correct functions...

That's all I can think of but I'm sure there is more.

Thanks again,
Marine