[opensource-dev] Problem compiling llcommon on viewer 2.1 beta

Latif Khalifa latifer at streamgrid.net
Fri Jun 25 14:39:40 PDT 2010

I just tried building viewer-external on my windows 7  - 64, had no
linking issues that you reported. (I also have pretty old library for
stuff like fmod, but those are not changed anyway).

Latif

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Marine Kelley <marinekelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Merov, thank you for looking into this !
>
> I'm on Windows 7, trying to compile viewer-external as I always do :
>
> - I unzip the artwork from version 2.0.0 (knowing that I will have to
> complete it with some of the icons from the official 2.1, like the icons for
> the system folders)
> - I unzip a very old library zip file of mine (it is more than 2 years old
> and contains ares, fmod and all, but is still operational at least until
> 2.0.1)
> - I run VC 2005, select the "Release" configuration, go to Configuration
> Manager, uncheck all the "tests" and "integration" projects (plus "package")
> - I open the Properties window on secondlife-bin and remove the /Zm1000
> option from the command line
> - I build the whole thing
>
> But even just building llcommon will give me the error I mentioned, no need
> to build the whole solution. This is the first time I get this error, and
> since I noticed that google_breakpad was not part of the viewer before, and
> surprisingly it uses an exception_handler.lib that does not provide the
> correct functions...
>
> That's all I can think of but I'm sure there is more.
>
> Thanks again,
> Marine
>

> On 25 June 2010 22:39, Philippe (Merov) Bossut <merov at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marine,
>>
>> I just built the tip of viewer-external on my Windows XP machine with no
>> problem. Could you tell us a bit more on how you get things together? Do you
>> use develop.py? Do you do a standalone build? Which Solution Configuration
>> are you building?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Merov
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Marine Kelley <marinekelley at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am having the following link error when trying to compile the llcommon
>>> project on Viewer 2.1 beta extracted from viewer-external :
>>>
>>> 1>------ Build started: Project: llcommon, Configuration: Release Win32
>>> ------
>>> 1>Linking...
>>> 1>   Creating library
>>> D:\SL\linden\indra\build-vc80\llcommon\Release\llcommon.lib and object
>>> D:\SL\linden\indra\build-vc80\llcommon\Release\llcommon.exp
>>> 1>exception_handler.lib(exception_handler.obj) : error LNK2019:
>>> unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) void __cdecl
>>> std::_Throw(class stdext::exception const &)"
>>> (__imp_?_Throw at std@@YAXABVexception at stdext@@@Z) referenced in function
>>> "public: void __thiscall stdext::exception::_Raise(void)const "
>>> (?_Raise at exception@stdext@@QBEXXZ)
>>> 1>exception_handler.lib(exception_handler.obj) : error LNK2001:
>>> unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) void (__cdecl*
>>> std::_Raise_handler)(class stdext::exception const &)"
>>> (__imp_?_Raise_handler at std@@3P6AXABVexception at stdext@@@ZA)
>>> 1>D:\SL\linden\indra\build-vc80\sharedlibs\Release\llcommon.dll : fatal
>>> error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
>>> 1>Build log was saved at
>>> "file://d:\SL\linden\indra\build-vc80\llcommon\llcommon.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"