[opensource-dev] FAQ posted for Third Party Viewer Policy

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon Mar 1 04:37:00 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 05:30:39PM -0800, Bryon Ruxton wrote:
> i.e. You either comply AND feature in the "viewer registry". OR ignore it, as
> you said and you’d be in breach of the TOS as such: “5.6 You will indemnify
> Linden lab from claims arising from breach of this Agreement by you, from your
> use of Second Life, from loss of Content due to your actions, or from alleged
> infringement by you”.
>
> And I don’t think opting out of the "viewer registry" should or ever will be an
> option.

And what might your Linden name be?

Please, all viewer developers, THINK before you chain yourself to
this "list". Adding your viewer will make it so much easier for
LL to do what they do best: namely, do what they want despite
all complains. DO NOT ADD YOUR VIEWER... at least not until
the great majority agrees with the literal wording of the final
published TPV policy, and we're far from that.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>