[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy

Soft Linden soft at lindenlab.com
Tue Mar 2 13:57:06 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Rob Nelson <nexisentertainment at gmail.com> wrote:
> A sidenote:  What do we do to have our existing viewer groups renamed
> from one viewer name to another?  File a support ticket or yell at a
> specific Linden?  I already have a bunch of people in my FlexLife group,
> but I need to rename it to Luna, and I'm not going to go waste L$100 and
> another load of advertising to draw the same people back when I'm not
> even sure if LL isn't going to force us to rebrand everything again in
> the future for an even more obscure reason.

This is a very special case, because we're forcing the group name
change. Have a group owner (not just an officer) send an IM to Soft
Linden with the new name request. I can -only- do this for groups
where we're requiring an established viewer change names for TPV
viewer compliance. I can't take requests for other purposes.