[opensource-dev] Snowglobe as an mixed reality platform

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 05:40:18 PST 2010

Yes, we should concentrate on a general API for plugins before
adding all kinds of specialized code that could and should have
been implemented through that API.

More specifically regarding Kantonen's request to have
"some parts of our work incorporated into the Snowglobe
sources", that would just put the maintenance problem
with us: we have to deal with an "upstream" (Linden Lab)
too, weird as that may sound. Snowglobe is no different
than your code base in that regard (as we recently and
painfully have become aware).

Therefore the only workable option is to create this plugin
API, so you can use that as stable interface.