[opensource-dev] Script Memory Limits UI

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 12:51:49 PST 2010

This is exactly how I had interpreted it, and this means that a script has
to explicitely request less memory than the default 64k if the scripter
wants to use less memory. And I don't think there will be any other way to
do that than by calling a LSL function to request memory. Which means
modifying existing scripts. This is unacceptable for all well established
business owners who made many different script that are now spread across
SL. To me, a script should take as many bytes as it needs, not more, and
that amount of memory should vary with time. Otherwise it is not
practicable, and will break content once the limits are in place.