[opensource-dev] Question regarding llSetLinkPimitiveParamsFast() function in 1.38.0

Soft Linden soft at lindenlab.com
Sun Mar 7 15:13:22 PST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Michael Schlenker
<schlenk at uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:

> Am 07.03.2010 um 15:39 schrieb Obsidian Kindragon:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've a quick question regarding the new llSetLinkPimitiveParamsFast()
>> function in 1.38.0. Why did LL opt for a new function instead of just
>> removing the delay from the current llSetLinkPrimitiveParams() function?
>> I can't conceive any case where removing the delay from the current
>> function would break any existing content.
>
> Simple example where it would break existing content:
> - someone uses llSetLinkPrimitiveParams() for some animation
> - the delay is gone and now the timing of the animation is totally different

It's this.

An awful lot of scripters never make use of timers, or even explore
events beyond the touch_start in the default script.

Discussions like this would be good for server-beta@ [1] - quite a few
scripters have signed up there who aren't on opensource-dev at . I'm also
encouraging some of the core developers who aren't tied to open source
to join.