[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy: commencement date

Tayra Dagostino tayra.dagostino at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:12:06 PST 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:47:35 +0000
Morgaine <morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I believe that they're seeking better-informed legal counsel on GPL
> compliance first, before redrafting the TPV.   The first version
> conflated users, viewers and developers so terribly that GPLv2 clause
> 6 was left in tatters.  Joe's phrasing is the only one that makes the
> necessary separation so far.  I hope he has a hand in the redraft. :-)

I think yoiu've misreaded the TPV policy, no GPL violation, viewer
code is GPL, you can take a copy from svn, manipulate it, patch or
mood, rename it, all GPL let u do with it (and consequential charges
for a developer who work on a GPL code)

TPV is like an addendum to TOS, if you want use Linden Lab grids you
should follow some rules... this is server side, no viewer code
involved... the Linden services aren't GPL...