[opensource-dev] Request for comments about llSetAgentEnvironment / SVC-5520

Maggie Leber (sl: Maggie Darwin) maggie at matrisync.com
Wed Mar 10 09:53:26 PST 2010

> That aside, I could see 'reset the damn sky' as a top level action

It's more than "sky and water". It's also the optical properties of
the air around you, among other things.

If everybody was on Emerald, where Windlight settings and draw
distance are easy to tweak with a control that pops out of the button
bar, I'd be less concerned. (Why I need to ride herd on the draw
distance to get acceptable rendering performance is another
discussion, if you're itching to automate something. )

But in Viewer 2 they're just as buried as they are on 1.23. Under a
World menu called "Sun", of all things.

                                    *How many users know how to change
them NOW?*

If it was easier to do, would you even be lobbying to make them
automatic under the control of the parcel owner?

> I think we get more amazing in world experiences that way.

If I'm going to have "amazing experiences", I'd like to to be
voluntary, thanks. And if you're going to accuse me of
"fear-mongering" and "panic", do kindly read the JIRAs first.