[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy: commencement date

Jesse Barnett jessesa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:14:29 PDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Timothy Horrigan
<timothyhorrigan at mac.com>wrote:

>  Jesse: How does it endanger your daughter's life to have your business
> address listed?  You can always rent a PO Box for a few bucks a month if you
> feel sensitive about divulging your street address, which many
> businesspeople choose to do.
>
> I do have a business associate whose real anme & address I do not know, but
> I pay him a nominal amount.  I pay him about $100/year to rent space and to
> have him serve as a DJ.  But I would never enter into a real business
> arrangement without knowing the names and addresses of a responsible party.
> Uner US tax law it is in fact ILLEGAL to exchange major amounts of money
> without knowing the other party's identity.
>
> --Tammy Nowotny 9and no I will not reveal my RL identity on this list.)
>
> Straw argument, as your last sentence clearly demonstrates.

But for an update, I accidentally responded directly to Joe at first and
then he responded directly to me. The 3rd party viewer directory application
was reverted by mistake somehow and still shows that LL may publish your
contact info.. The Third Party Viewer Policy IS correct and is what will go
into effect. You will still have to share real life contact info with Linden
Labs but you can opt out of sharing that information with the entire world.

(thanks for clearing that up Joe!)
Jesse Barnett