[opensource-dev] Third party viewer policy: commencement date

Boy Lane boy.lane at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 08:05:29 PDT 2010

Again, I completely agree with you. I can develop any viewer based on the
Linden sources and be GPL compliant.

But, what I can not do it is to be compliant to GPL and TPV the same time.
As such the otherwise legitimate GPL
viewer will not be allowed to connect to the SecondLife grid. Which makes
the first attempt pointless.

And because of that all and every current 3rd party viewers based on GPLed
LL sources can not be allowed
to connect to the SL grid.