[opensource-dev] Wiki posting: Open Source Repository Strategy

Latif Khalifa latifer at streamgrid.net
Sun Mar 21 21:58:00 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:38 AM, Kent Quirk (Q Linden) <q at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Hi, all. I've created a draft of our repository strategy for how we will be handling open development branches at LL, and posted an annotated diagram on the wiki.
>
>        https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Repository_Strategy
>
> Questions and constructive commentary are encouraged. Since it's policy we intend to follow, please edit only for clarity. If it needs substantive tweaking, please let us do it.

Hello Q,

It would help me better understand this process if I put some version
numbers on it (as of this moment).  viewer-public branch is the
current 2.0 viewer, viewer-release (if it exists atm) would be 2.1 and
viewer-private features that are going to be added in 2.2 and beyond.
Please correct me if my understanding is correct.

Also, I think that we would need more than a single viewer-external
branch in the public svn. There should probably be branching of
viewer-external to viewer_2_0 just before we export viewer-public to
viewer-external at the point M on the diagram.

Latif