[opensource-dev] Wiki posting: Open Source Repository Strategy

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Mon Mar 22 06:11:15 PDT 2010

Hi Q

thanks for illustrating the planned process.

On 03/22/2010 04:38 AM, Kent Quirk (Q Linden) wrote:
> Since it's policy we intend to follow, please edit only for clarity. If it needs substantive tweaking, please let us do it.

As not everyone who might find that wiki article will be reading this
mailing list, you might want to enable stable versioning on it. That
will still allow everyone to easily edit the "draft" version while you
can review changes before you "verify" them and they go live as the
"stable page". The Documentation Team uses that for the KB part of the
wiki, so Torley etc. can probably tell you how to do it.

> Questions and constructive commentary are encouraged.

    * about *K)*-*N)*: In cases where none of planned new features
      require secrecy, can viewer-release be exported to a corresponding
      external branch, too?
    * about *M)*: Also in cases where none of planned new features
      require secrecy, can private beta be skipped in favor of an
      earlier public beta?
    * about *O)*: What about the inverse, can the community opt not to
      merge certain features from upstream (viewer-external) into Snowglobe?

cheers
Boroondas