[opensource-dev] Client 2.0 - sidebar (was: Re: Open Development project: extending avatarwearables)

Jonathan Irvin djfoxyslpr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:39:20 PDT 2010

Not to be rude, but if people are getting vertigo, epilepsy, etc. from
SL...viewer 2.0 isn't going to make a difference.  Viewer 1.23 would have
the same effect.  Maybe not in your coveted sidebar, but it SL in general.
You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  This is common knowledge.  LCD
monitors nowadays will cause those effects *regardless* of the application
running, so please don't make someone else's illness as your point in
voicing your opinions.

Keep this in mind, your post accomplishes *nothing*.  Do you really think
Linden Labs wants to waste company money on replying to complaints of your
calibre?  They already know, trust me.  Linden Labs is a small company and
you can't expect them to reply to every single Tom, Dick, and Harriet that
wants to complain about this feature or that feature.

OpenSource-Dev is about fixing issues, not complaining about them.  This
list is for developers to collaborate, not tech support for your
complaints.  If you want to vent, for heaven's sake do that in a personal
blog, twitter, facebook, etc.

Please follow these SIMPLE STEPS before you waste our time in reading yet
another "I-hate-LL-viewer-2.0-and-they-should-fix-it-post."

   1. Has it been logged in JIRA?
      - Yes, Comment on it there.
      - No, Log it in JIRA.

Linden Labs CAN view JIRA, so posting about specific articles becomes
redundancy at that point.  All you need to do is vote for the JIRA topic.
Once you've logged your vote you can either get others to vote, or sit
quietly.

Complaining about a feature and throwing around JIRA articles accomplishes
nothing except annoy those who have to hear that same story, yet again.  And
while the Lindens do monitor this, for the most part, you are preaching to
the choir.

So please, if you aren't going to pull up your sleeves and FIX IT, then
don't waste our time.  We know, the Linden's know.  Your post was
unnecessary.

Jonathan Irvin

P.S. Sorry for any one else who had to hear my rant.  Thanks.