[opensource-dev] Open Development project: extendingavatar wearables

Jonathan Irvin djfoxyslpr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:39:49 PDT 2010

Interesting topic.  Thought I'd share some thoughts.

   1. I like the idea of wearables being in folders allowing the user to
   drag and drop the article in different folders to taste.  This allows the
   user to choose where the wearable goes.
   2. Adding to that, we can create limits on the object-level that the
   creator can set.  Similar to permissions, the content creator can choose
   where the object can actually go.  (i.e. underwear can be pants and
   underwear), shirts can be jackets or vice versa.
   3. On the avatar, we can keep the render order the same, but tie those
   areas to meta folders.  I think the impact would be minimal, but a neat
   system to use.
   4. Flexi clothing articles would be awesome.  I can only imagine the
   first female avatar doing the classic Marilyn Monroe pose over an air duct.
   :)

Please, keep up the discussion.  This is interesting.

Jonathan Irvin