[opensource-dev] Open Development project: extendingavatarwearables

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at fishkill.ibm.com
Thu Mar 25 16:17:28 PDT 2010

Nyx Linden wrote:
> Interesting proposal, and one probably worthy of further investigation.
> My concern with this plan is that the conversion from one wearable type
> to another is very much non-trivial. The wearable parameters (sleeve
> length, etc) have no relation to each other between wearables.

Having looked at the code, I understand what you mean.  Although they
may appear the same, they are defined with different underlying code.

The easiest way to change the overlay order is to change the rendering
order.  That would require additional parameters in the appearance
vector, but there's still a lot of room for extra parameters there
(although I'd really like to see that utilized for additional morphs).

Mike