[opensource-dev] Open Development project: extendingavatarwearables

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at fishkill.ibm.com
Fri Mar 26 09:27:44 PDT 2010

Nyx Linden wrote:
> It would also require completely de-constructing the current layers
> system, and rebuilding it based on the added parameters (I'd actually
> argue making the parameters part of the links used to create an outfit,
> not the wearables themselves but that's a side note).

A while back, the order of the "makeup" and "skin" layers (I know that's
not their official names) was temporarily reversed (with comical
consequences) as a "bug fix" (see VWR-12962), so it is certainly
possible to reorder them.

I don't know where these new multiples fit in though, since I haven't
looked at the new 2.0 code.  I'm sure residents would want to do "this
jacket, then this shirt, and now this other jacket" and the design many
not have had the foresight to expect that.  But that would be a good
thing to incorporate before release.

Mike