[opensource-dev] More login channels (with missing background images on the login screen) (was: Is there supposed to be a login web page for the development viewer? (An SL screenshot, maybe some text, like the regular viewer has))

Joshua Bell josh at lindenlab.com
Tue Nov 23 14:04:38 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Boroondas Gupte <
sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch> wrote:

> Thanks! Looks like more needs to be done, though:
>
> When I build from bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-development, the
> resulting viewer tries to access
> http://secondlife.com/app/login/?lang=en&channel=*LindenDeveloper*
> &version=2.5.0%20%280%29&grid=Agni when loading the login screen.
>
> Ah, thanks. I did just plunk in the first channel name I found that looked
right. I plopped an image in for LindenDeveloper as well.

> Maybe the page should display some nice image even for unknown channels?

That's the right thing to do... but the whole login screen pipeline (front
end and back end) is a bit grotesque at the moment and could use redoing, so
it should wait for a comprehensive overhaul. Linden should be providing
images for any source code or viewer we release, and TPVs typically use
their own page anyway, so I'm content to just copy/paste the images for now
so it's not so ugly.

> If not, at least LindenDeveloper and maybe also Developer should be added
> to get some background image, too. And wasn't there once a "Community
> Developer" channel or similar?

Are those actually in use somewhere? If so I can de-uglify them.

Joshua