[opensource-dev] CAN WE PLEASE STOP VIEWER DEVELOPMENT FOR 5 MINUTES

malachi malachi at tamzap.com
Sun Oct 3 07:27:52 PDT 2010

could we please take 5 minutes away from the client that we all obviously
have our second thoughts about to begin with. and focus on grid
infrastructure.????

i honestly dont care if i am forced to use the dreaded 2.x client. if the
grid actually responded to something you did. things like just loading my
clothing. or if i save a script it should still exist after i close the
edit box. but the fact that any script added to a prim inworld gets eaten
and destroyed server side is a huge issue. could LL drop the client work
for 5 minutes and see what is going on on the server? or is that too much
to ask? because as it seems over the last few weeks its been new client
code new client code new client code while the server just gradually falls
off a cliff. what good is a client that runs like fiber when the server it
connects to only speaks in dialup?