[opensource-dev] Unity 3D as possible base for future (maybe even official) SL Viewers

Glen Canaday gcanaday at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:56:05 PDT 2010

No Linux support is a total deal-breaker for me. I really don't care how
many platforms are supported, and that includes gaming consoles, if mine
isn't. Gaming consoles are irrelevant, as SL is not a game and would not
sell at Best Buy even if it were, making that support a completely moot
point.

I don't pay for the "privilege" of using an operating system on my
hardware. Just because someone else does does not mean I (and the rest
of the Linux users in SL, including a pretty good percentage of Lindens)
should be shut out. If a commercial piece of software does not support
the entire user base and is not GPL or LGPL, then it should be off the
table completely.

If you really want to do something like this, look to Ogre instead.

--GC