[opensource-dev] Inventory Organization Feature Request

CG Linden cg at lindenlab.com
Tue Oct 5 08:47:27 PDT 2010

You might want to split this up into several things:

   - Duplicate avoidance (I believe you may be surprised at how rare true
   duplicates are, since every time you take something scripted back from the
   world into inventory, it will be a new asset with a different script state -
   so even this duplicate detection may involve several user stories)
   - Improved unpacking (How about -not- unpacking and using a delivery to
   folders and subfolders instead? Do you really want things to be auto-sorted
   by class? Many people would disagree there)
   - Improved selection (How about making ctrl-A select all -visible- items
   in the inventory window?)
   - Improve performance by changing the way inventory is loaded and
   accessed (there is work in progress on the server/web service side there).

--
cg