[opensource-dev] Jira Issue Resolution Issue

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 09:44:59 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Kent Quirk (Q Linden) <q at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> If the reason is that we can't use the issue the way it's written, then
> please don't reopen it, write a new and better one.

Just make sure on the Linden side we have a few things laid out
1 if a linden closes a jira then there should be a comment with a
"long form" reason as to why it has been closed then close it

2 if a jira needs an edit/rewrite to be useful then leave a comment as
to why and how
(this is a meta issue , this needs to be split into N jiras for
tracking , fix requires breaking laws of Government/Physics, duplicate
of older jira, fix involves code we are dropping altogether ect)

3 "WorkingOnIt Linden"* should only have an issue assigned for maybe
two weeks since a lot of times WorkingOnIt Linden means BlowingItOff
Linden is actually NOT working on it.

--
Robert L Martin

*prove me wrong but if you look in the logs i would almost bet money
that WOI Linden assigned jiras are mostly closed by 1 target version
became outdated 2 no linden actually picked it up 3 some linden closed
it with WONT FIX/ CAN'T FIX or anything that boils down to it not
actually being fixed