[opensource-dev] Code Review Request: VWR-21253 (Permissions icons in the friends list)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Mon Sep 6 13:23:13 PDT 2010

 On 09/06/2010 07:37 PM, Marine Kelley wrote:
> Err... color me stupid but... how does one show the friends list in
> this style on viewer 2 ? I can detach tabs from the sidebar, but I
> cannot find a way to show the permissions matrix. It would be so handy !
> [...]
>
> On 6 September 2010 18:53, Aimee Linden <aimee at lindenlab.com
> <mailto:aimee at lindenlab.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Could I get some eyes on a fix for
>     http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-21253 ...
>     [...]
I guess you refer to the screenshot attached to the jira issue? Note the
date when that one was added, Oct. 15, 20*09*. Also note the artwork and
color scheme. I guess that was from an early development version of
Viewer 2 that already had the people sidebar tab but also still had the
old code of the contacts panel, so that both could be compared within a
single application. (That, or it's a mock-up.)

If you read the comments you'll note this isn't what Aimee has
implemented now: She shows permissions in the hover tips, it seems.

I'd still prefer to see all perms at one glance without hovering. Moon
Metty's suggestion to only display non-default values would indeed avoid
the cluttering and, more important, would also make these values stand
out. I think this could nicely be done with icons similar the maturity
rating and parcel permission ones in the navigation bar.

Cheers,
Boroondas

PS: why are you CCing to snowstorm at lists.lindenlab.com? That list
doesn't seem to exist.