[opensource-dev] Snowstorm Daily Scrum Summary - 09/07/2010

Sarah (Esbee) Hutchinson esbee at lindenlab.com
Tue Sep 7 22:05:02 PDT 2010

Date: Tue Sep 7, 2010

Also available here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowstorm_Daily_Scrum_Archive

*=== General Notes ===*
* Don't forget to grab tasks from the Sprint Backlog and update your time
remaining on that task each day!
* Merge Monkey of the Day: Merov

*===Team Status===*

*====Aimee====*
*PAST*
*
* Completed hairy merge of james/viewer-identity-evolution with
dessie/viewer-public
* hg converted and merged display-names with viewer-development.
* Update licenses to LGPL in new files introduced for display-names.
* Requested code review of VWR-21253 (friend permission icons)
* Sorting out lots of legal paperwork :(

FUTURE
* Integrate VWR-21253 (friend permission icons).
* Remerge minimap avatar inspectors into display-names branch, conflicted
with other work there and got stomped on in the merge.
* Investigate another potential problem with the hg convert process to avoid
us getting bitten by it.
* Catch up on opensource-dev
* Will be OOO Weds and Thurs.

IMPEDIMENTS
* Awaiting code review for VWR-21253
* Need design review of double-click teleport before integrating, where do
we want to move the option to?

====Tofu====
OOO

====Oz====
PAST
* Many more wiki updates (getting there)
* wrote a blog post on LGPL license usage

FUTURE
* Discuss upcoming common code split at open source meeting today
* Update Snowstorm dashboard in new Jira when it comes up
* Update submission workflow

IMPEDIMENTS
* none not planned for

====Merov====
PAST
* VWR-22761 : LLKDU upgrade: Perf tracking
** Move LLMetricPerformanceTester files from newview to llcommon
** Cleanup LLMetricPerformanceTester and documented it
** Implemented in llimagej2c to get decompression data

FUTURE
* VWR-22761 : LLKDU upgrade: Complete the Perf tracking work and publish
wiki about it, get baseline data for KDU and Openjpeg
* VWR-22759 : Chat Translator: Check with Esbee where we stand wrt design
review

IMPEDIMENTS
* Kakadu license upgrade

====Q====
OOO

====Esbee====
PAST
* Looked at VWR-21253. Sent feedback.
* Backlog updates
* Finished intro blog post
* Edited Q's Blog post
* Worked on blog post and sketches about UI customization

FUTURE
* Respond to Resident feedback
* Accessibility meeting with Orange Planer and Gentle Heron
* Finish UI customization blog post and share with Rhett
* Backlog grooming
* Send feedback to PE on detachable sidebars
* Work on Jira VWR workflow proposal and send to Q for review
* Review double-click to TP
* Catch up with Merov on VWR-22759

IMPEDIMENTS
* None

  ====Paul====
PAST
   *HDD is dead.  Spent all day setting up.

FUTURE
* TASK VWR-21585 (Make all tabs support horizontal resizing)

IMPEDIMENTS
*new setup should work

    ====Andrew====
PAST
*Implemented sub-task VWR-22690 (Saving/restoring button order),
*All subtask reviews passed, completed test plans, created account on
bitbucket, added changes with my comments: Subtask VWR-20702 (bottom bar
button ordering) is done! yay!

FUTURE
*bugs. finally.

IMPEDIMENTS
* none

         ====Vadim====
PAST
           *Task VWR-20694 (Detachable SB tabs):
 **Submitted new images for dock/undock buttons.
**Marked all subtasks as ready to integrate (and Tofu immediately integrated
them all).
*found bug with disappearing buttons in flat list view and investigated.
**found cause - Richard did some optimization that went awry.
**once new Jira is ready, will file a ticket and assign to him.
*We've finished all leftover tasks from Sprint 2 (detachable SB tabs,
reordering bottom tray buttons)

FUTURE
*Review Aimee's fix (review request on snowstorm list)
*File bug for disappearing buttons and assign to Richard
*Take tickets assigned to Sergey (vacation)

IMPEDIMENTS
*none

                  ====Sergey====
PAST
                       * Task (VWR-21060) Fix broken ability to open a side
tray tab via shortcut, menu item or button outside of the Side Tray.
    ** Completed. But later found more bugs, fixing them now.
* Task (VWR-20696) Write code to allow for undocking/redocking of a sidebar
tab: Done.
* Task (VWR-20970) Implement undocking tabs by dragging: Done.

FUTURE
* Task (VWR-21060) Fix broken ability to open a side tray tab via shortcut,
menu item or button outside of the Side Tray.
** Fix recently discovered bugs.

IMPEDIMENTS
*Do we need a new art for "Undock" button in Side Tray. For now I used the
existing floater "Tear Off" button.
* Task (VWR-20697) Write code to allow for redocking of a sidebar tab

PAST
* OOO

FUTURE
                                              * catchup