[opensource-dev] The Plan for Snowglobe

Dave Booth dave at meadowlakearts.com
Fri Sep 10 18:15:04 PDT 2010

  On 9/10/2010 17:30, Henri Beauchamp wrote:
> ROFLOL !!!!
>
> You are kidding, aren't you ?... If not, then please try using a good
> TPV and see how many times it crashes in a week... 0 for the Cool VL
> Viewer (and I'm using it every day). Fact is that TPVs got fixes that
> v1.23.5 doesn't have and that makes them MUCH stabler than 1.23.5, and
> v2 (which is even worst, stability-wise, than v1.23.5 !). The reason
> is simple: should I crash, I trace the crash down and fix the code.
> Crash gone !
Well, Henri, I've been using the daily build of viewer-development for
two weeks and have only crashed once and I can definitively blame that
on a video card overheat not the v2 code.

I appreciate the wish to backport rather than refactor everything to
match the v2 codebase but as an inworld creator for a niche market I
have to switch to v2 since the primary coder in that market is also
migrating. I would regret being unable to use Cool for my primary
testing alt. If LL is unwilling to wrap a 1.x UI around 2.x code, then
surely that is an opportunity for skilled devs like you rather than the
slap in the face that you seem to be taking it as.

Dave