[opensource-dev] Blocking viewers.

Marc Adored marc at inworlddesigns.com
Wed Sep 8 14:59:41 PDT 2010

Sorry but it is their service and they do have that right. They can
block you personally if they wanted to because they are providing you
with a service and they don't have to. Most people forget that. They
don't actually need any reason at all to stop providing you with
service. If they chose to block certain viewers because they want to
force people to use approved viewers then they have that right. I am
not talking about what they should do I am talking about what they
have the right to do. Honestly if they wanted to they could block any
non-official viewer and require everyone use their viewer. its just
like any service it is up to them on what they feel is beneficial to
the service. As i said previously they are not preventing you from
using that viewer they are just preventing you from using that viewer
on THEIR service is all. There are tons of more open grids you can
chose from to use your viewer if you chose too. I think most people
are spoiled by the fact that they have been given a choice by linden
labs. But thats how humanity works you give a little they want more
because they always devalue what they have.

Emerald is a perfect example of that. Everyone is upset and mad at
linden for banning Emerald but no body cared what the developers of
Emerald were doing before it effected them directly. I wont go into a
flame war over one of my favorite viewers but I just wanted to make
that point.