[opensource-dev] Severe water flicker in recent development build

Tateru Nino tateru.nino at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 10:22:54 PDT 2010

On 13/09/2010 3:18 AM, Celierra Darling wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Ponzu <lee.ponzu at gmail.com
> <mailto:lee.ponzu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Several years ago, some Linden posted a table that showed the typical
>     range of FPS for various graphics cards. At the time I thought that
>     was a very interesting piece of data, and am sad to have never seen it
>     again (maybe I missed it).
>
> The chart is still up, but I don't think it's been updated very
> recently...
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Typical_Frame_Rate_Performance_by_Graphics_Card/GPU

Another aspect to the numbers there is that (quite often) users will
crank up visual features until frame-rates become just short of
intolerable or unusable. That tends to make the results trend downwards.
They *could* be higher for the same hardware, but many of us will crank
up our quality and distance settings until the viewer is on the edge of
shuddering -- and increase our crash-rates in the process.

--
Tateru Nino
http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/