[opensource-dev] (no subject)

Hitomi Tiponi hitomi.tiponi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 13:46:19 PDT 2010

>I'm seeing what I believe is the same problem described in SNOW-745 in
>our current development viewer.
>Second Life 2.1.2 (209297)
>
>I added some detail to the issue description.
>
>It's very irritating.   I think we need to do something about it (might
>we be able to force Atmospheric Shaders to 'on'?  That appears to
>suppress the problem).

/me shakes head in disbelief.

How about finding out what caused the problem in the first place - that is
usually the best approach.  I am sure this issue can be addressed by testing
likely changes until the cause is found.

Forcing on atmospheric shaders would:
- cause a lot of machines to slow to a crawl.
- cause a number of viewer problems for many users (my own laptop runs sl fine
until atmospheric shaders are switched on and then gives a weird kaleidoscope of
colours as it can't cope with them).